You are here
About the American Craft Council Library
Located at our offices in the historic Grain Belt Brewery building, the American Craft Council Library maintains a comprehensive collection of print and visual materials on American craft. Visitors can search both the ACC Library Catalog and ACC Library Digital Collections databases online. While focused on modern craft dating from 1940 to today, the collection also supports research in the related fields of design and applied and decorative arts.
The library is open to American Craft Council members and the public and provides visitors access to:
- More than 15,000 books and exhibition catalogs
- 100 current subscriptions and 700 bound volumes of leading periodicals
- 3,000+ files on individual artists containing unique photographs, slides, correspondence, exhibition realia and other ephemera
- Council archives (1941-present), including those of the Museum of Contemporary Crafts/American Craft Museum (1956-1990)
- Archives of the World Crafts Council (1964-present)
- Archives of the Craft Students League of New York (1932-2005) (unprocessed)
For information on gifting materials to the ACC, please check out the Library Donation Policy.
Notice: The library is closed during the following holidays:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Presidents' Day
*We will also be closed Friday, April 25, until 5 p.m. for staff meetings. We will reopen at 6 p.m. for the Society of North American Goldsmith's Studio Crawl.
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Eve
- Christmas Day